What’s the difference between a business coach and a life coach?
With “coach” being the latest business buzzword, it can be hard to understand the difference between the two…
Essentially, a coach is someone who helps you navigate the waters between where you currently are, and where you want to be.
In the instance of life coaching, the emphasis is on the changes that take place within the individual. The assistance they might be seeking might be relating to their business, but a life coach will focus on the person. A life coach will usually have coaching or psychology qualifications, and will challenge your thinking and mindset as well as put together a plan to help drive you towards your goals.
With a business coach, their prime focus is on the enterprise and ensuring that the goals are achieved by the business. Good business coaches will be experienced in business (preferably including running one of their own), and will understand true business drivers like profitability, cash flow as well as creating business plans. They should also be someone to motivate, encourage and inspire you!
When choosing a coach that is right for you, check their experience, qualifications, testimonials, and mostly importantly, the connection that you feel to that person. They are going to be your confidant, and your champion, so make sure you are the right fit!
- The power of creating a business plan for your business September 19, 2018
- Don’t give up on Facebook! (here’s how you can increase engagement on your posts) August 22, 2018
- Pinterest. Not just another Social Media Platform August 13, 2018
- Why Instagram can’t be your only marketing tactic (and what other marketing strategies you CAN use) August 8, 2018
- Building your personal brand August 3, 2018