The 3 biggest mistakes people make when hiring a business coach.
A prospect this week asked me “what should I look for in a business coach?” Great question!
A business coach is a significant investment for any business, it can make or break your business, so it is such an important decision. Here are the biggest mistakes people make when looking for a coach!
They don’t value the importance of connection. The most important thing is finding someone who you get along with! Sure, it sounds a bit superficial, but your coach will often be challenging your thinking and strategy, so ensuring you have a good connection with someone will ensure you are able to work well together.
They don’t do their research. Finding the right coach is a bit like dating, you need to research many, talk to a few (and maybe even work with a few!) before you find “the one”! Check what your coach specialises in, check their testimonials and read their blog. See if they are on the same page as you!
They don’t have clarity about their goals.Not everyone is trying to double their business, many small business owners are just seeking to free up time, systemise, or to get rid of that overwhelming feeling. If you are really clear with your objectives, it makes the process of finding someone who can help achieve them much easier.
There are plenty of coaches out there, so make sure that you take the time to choose the one that is right for you!
- The power of creating a business plan for your business September 19, 2018
- Don’t give up on Facebook! (here’s how you can increase engagement on your posts) August 22, 2018
- Pinterest. Not just another Social Media Platform August 13, 2018
- Why Instagram can’t be your only marketing tactic (and what other marketing strategies you CAN use) August 8, 2018
- Building your personal brand August 3, 2018