Are you in a funk? Business might actually be doing quite well but you’re just feeling a little meh about the whole thing? Please, trust me when I say that you are not alone.
Everyone goes through this from time to time, and it’s not even just about business. It’s pretty much a fact of life that, over time, the shine starts to wane from the shiniest of objects! I bet that your darling husband/ partner/ pet dog who could once do no wrong now has their moments every now and then?! The key to keeping the spark alive in any relationship – and yes, you did correctly read that implication, I am suggesting you have a relationship with your business – is to always, always keep working to improve it. And, as your business coach, it basically makes me your (business) relationship expert so; here are my tips for re-igniting your business passion!
- Have gratitude for where you are – your business may have morphed a little over time but it’s essentially the same wonderful idea you fell in love with all that time ago. You don’t need to change your model to get excited again, simply change your perspective.
- How would you feel if you lost all your clients tomorrow? – this may seem a little dramatic but it’s a pretty good reminder to appreciate how far you’ve come.
- Incorporate your clients and work into your gratitude practice – even if things are a little stale, find the good. For example, it could be that you’re grateful for the lessons you’re learning. OR, if it’s really not working, skip ahead to step 2.
- Bring the passion back – if the grass looks greener, perhaps it’s time to try watering your own. Brainstorm a bunch of ideas to share with clients, show up to your meetings and take calls with a big smile on your face. It’s true that you get what you give, so if you’re looking for passion and positivity, the best place to start is with you!
- Release what’s not working – if there’s a client that isn’t quite working for you or there’s a particular piece of work you’re just not connecting with, don’t do it! Like with all aspects of life, it’s ok actually, it’s GREAT to say no. By turning away certain types of work, you’re not only freeing up your time and mental energy to focus on the stuff you love. You’re also making room for those clients which are a better fit for what your business represents.
- Plan for the future – instead of remaining in the fog of the present and focusing on what’s not working, it’s probably time to take a step back. Allow yourself the time to block out a few hours. Do some meditation and find your vision so you know where you’re heading. You could continue drifting along but without any direction, who knows where you’ll end up! Set your BIG VISION for your business using this goal setting template.
Rather than wasting your precious time and energy worrying dwelling on your current state of stagnation, try implementing these simple steps. By changing your perspective and working on that “relationship” of yours, coming out of that funk certainly is possible. And the best bit?! Freeing up your energy will give you the space to take your business to even bigger and better things!